Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Carlene M. ILR'24, Cultural and Group Work at Tôn Đức Thắng University (TDTU)


Hello Everyone! My name is Carlene Mwaura and I am a Senior in the School of Industrial and Labor Relations who traveled to Ho Chi Minh City over the past winter break to study and learn at TDTU University in a cultural exchange and engaged learning collaboration program. The cultural exchange aspect of our trip is something that I valued the most from our trip. I loved how we were able to learn so much about Vietnamese culture and history in both the socioeconomic and labor aspects of Vietnam such as the Vietnamese workplace and classroom environment cultural norms, both labor history and labor law in a Vietnamese and East Asian context. We also learned more about cross-cultural teamwork collaboration as we partnered with the TDTU students to complete presentations, class projects, and simulations. We learned how to communicate beyond language barriers and grew deeper friendships and connections with the students that we worked with. We discussed the cultural and pop cultural similarities and differences between Vietnam and the United States, and I felt that I created lasting close friendships with everyone I met it was such a beautiful experience that I will never forget and am so thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment